Friday, March 27, 2015

Where have I been?

Wow. It's pretty much been three years since my last post. A lot has happened since then but the good news is, I'm back. Just to catch you all up, if anyone is still subscribed to my site, I would like to take a moment to explain where I've been.
A few years ago I ran into a lot of bad luck that continued to get worse as the year progressed. It started with my car going on fire. That was pretty bad since that's how I got all my wood home. Later that year I was injured at my real job. We were unloading motorcycles, I worked at Harley Davidson, when one of the motorcycles started to fall and with someone on it. I didn't really think about it and caught the motorcycle from actually hitting the ground. It weighed aproximately 900 lbs with the person on it. I saved the motorcycle and potentially my co-workers leg but, In the process I severely damaged some nerves in my back. I thought I might have just tweaked it but as a few months passed it got worse and my leg started to lose feeling in it as well. Not to go on and on with every detail but this injury has left me partially disabled and now I walk with a cane. In 2013 I basically lost my house, got divorced and had to sell all my tools just to pay the bills. I've been waiting for over two years now to try and get disability and should find out soon whether or not I got approved. Oh, and they repossesed my car as well.
So with all that depressing and sad news,I decided it's time to re-ignite my passion for building and creating. I started making a few small items and what do you know, I started smiling again. The joy that I used to have everytime I picked up a piece of wood started to come back and I felt like I had a purpose again. So I don't have a full workshop anymore but I do have a desire to create again. I've picked up a few tools and started drawing up plans again. 

With the help of my friend Stefanie, we decided to go with a new name for my site and my Etsy shop. Out of the Woods Creations. This name has two meanings: Out of the woods, because wood comes from trees which are in the woods and because I feel that my life is finally "out of the woods". Yes, I don't have a house, a car and can't work full time but, I've been to the lowest point that someone can be and I've come back with a positive outlook..... I've survived!!!!

So I am trying to get my blog back up and running again and really try to focus on creating items to sell on Etsy. Not only am I creating but I have some restoration projects as well. I will be showing it all just like I used to, step by step process,  on this blog. I would love to have you all reading and following my blog again. It would be amazing as well if you can give me support and encouragement like you used to!!

Sorry for the long post, it's been a while since I've done this but I look forward to sharing my ideas and getting back in touch with the DIY community. 

Please check back often as I will be updating this site frequently as I create new possibilities. Thank you as always for reading 


No comments:

Post a Comment